Answered

BBC Radio stopped playing

• 29 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

So this morning (29 Jun 21) I was listening to BBC radio when, mid programme, I suddenly got a repeating announcement that "due to rights restrictions parts of this programme are unavailable". It was BBC radio 4, via Tune In, which is my morning alarm. I have tried other BBC stations, on Tune In and Sonos Radio. I am on the old Sonos App as I am a long standing customer and still use one speaker that is incompatible with the new app (though I have others that are). So what happened, and how do I get BBC back?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 29 June 2021, 16:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Same issue. 17.50 4th July 2021” radio 4 “Due to rights restrictions etc”. 

Is this an issue with the stream that the BBC feeds to Tunein or is it Tunein that is intercepting the stream and blocking the stream, or is tunein a directory service that points your Sonos equipment to a BBC stream and it is the latter that is having the problem.

Have you read the information in the link provided above?

I had not , so thanks for that. It provides a good insight as to how the Sonos radio service operates. Still amazes me though how Sonos refuses to engage with the BBC on behalf of its customers and get the problem resolved. 

I have exactly the same problem on Radio 4, new app, using both TuneIn and Sonos Radio and it's very annoying! Makes the Today programme unlistenable.

Badge

Which ISP do you use, out of curiosity?

What makes you think that Sonos has not engaged with the BBC?

What makes you think that the BBC values Sonos’ input over the tax paying customer in the UK, since there is zero financial relationship between Sonos and the BBC?

Is this an issue with the stream that the BBC feeds to Tunein or is it Tunein that is intercepting the stream and blocking the stream, or is tunein a directory service that points your Sonos equipment to a BBC stream and it is the latter that is having the problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Have you read the information in the link provided above?