Answered

unable to add music library with OS Ventura

• 16 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi. I have scoured all the boards here and the web and cannot rectify this issue. Everything on the Sonos FAQs cites is 10+ but with 13 all sorts of stuff changed. I have a library on a usb-connected drive on my Mac desktop. This library was connected to my system previously no issues. Upgraded to Ventura, cleared everything and tried to add the library back, it goes through all the steps then says “Sonos was unable to add the music folder. No paths could be added as a share.”

firewall is open for sonos

disk permissions open.  file sharing open. 
can’t even get mobile app to recognize the computer to try and add it that way  

Anyone else have this and solve it? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 16 March 2023, 10:31

View original

2 replies

Thanks Corry! I will connect with tech support. I have enabled file sharing as the article outlines; but in Ventura, there is no check box. The whole interface is now different so a bunch of tech articles here and on other web threads are not applicable. If I get a solution I will post it here for others. Have a great weekend!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Ekaybee 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

The update to Ventura may have changed some permissions. Please follow the steps on our No tracks from Mac USB drive in Sonos music library help page.

If this doesn’t resolve your issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.