Artist names starting with 'The'

• 6 November 2022
  • 1 reply

There are a couple of old topics relating to this issue with several hundred views and no solution. 

I am sharing my fix for it. 

In the tags on the files, I replaced the space after the word The with a unicode non breaking space.  This has done the trick for me.  It makes the index show the band under T and all the search functions still work as you would expect.  Changing the tags in MP3Tag is fairly quick if you have the files set up by artist.  Just select the artist folder and change all the Artist and Album Artist tags to replace the regular space with the no-break space.  After the changes are made run the Update Music Library Now function.

The unicode no-break space is created in notepad by holding down the alt key and typing 0160.  When the alt key is released the no-break space is created.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @sdh0407. Thank you for sharing this very interesting and easy-to-do workaround with our Community.

Much appreciated,

Sotiris C