Answered

Sonos Amp cutting out

• 30 January 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 2

I have 2 sonos amps and 1 sonos move. the amps are connected together and then to the router via a Ethernet switch

one of the amps cuts in and out all the time . It is the one directly connected to the switch 

other one is fine. Ive checked all connections and rebooted router 

any ideas

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 2 February 2021, 21:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @simonwillis

Thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. We appreciate all your effort in trying to resolve the issue. To help you out why one of your Sonos Amp experiencing audio issues, I'll be requesting from you in submitting a diagnostic report and include the confirmation number in your response to find out the cause. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you. 

Userlevel 2

Hi my diagnostic is 1384609157

thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @simonwillis

Thanks for your response and for updating us. Upon checking, the diagnostic did not parse correctly. The report that you submitted was incomplete and I won't be able to check the issue with your Sonos Amp. This means that your Sonos is unable to communicate to the Sonos server.

To help you out with this, let me suggest the next troubleshooting to refresh the connection of your network and your Sonos devices.

• Sequential reboot and needs to be performed in order
    1. Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    2. Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power.
    3. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    4. Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    5. When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
    6. Test playback from and observe Sonos performance.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and run another diagnostic report. Kindly include the confirmation number in your response for us to check. We’ll wait for your reply.

Userlevel 2

hi I did as requested ,  the lounge is still not working . it occasionally comes on then goes off again a second later 

kitchen and hall both ok ( 1 hard wired and one wifi)

diagnostics number 459551595

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @simonwillis

Thanks for your quick reply. We really appreciate you for doing the steps we provided and getting back to us with the report. However, the diagnostic still did not parse correctly. Upon further checking, I can see all your four Sonos devices are online (living room, kitchen, hall (Amp and Sub) but I don't see the lounge in your system. Looking at the previous diagnostic you submitted, I'm seeing the same number of Sonos devices. What type of Sonos device is your lounge speaker? 

Please see the below steps to check if your lounge speaker will respond to the following tests.

• Check the LED light
    • Press the play/pause or join button on your lounge speaker
    • Note how the LED light responds. What is the light color? Is it solid or flashing light?
  • Put the player into a Hardware Diagnostic Mode
    • Press and hold the play/pause and volume down buttons or join button for 10 seconds. The LED will turn Red.
    • Once in Hardware Diagnostic mode, please note the LED pattern. (i.e. Solid Red, 11 White Blinks, Solid Orange, Solid Green, 4 White Blinks)
    • Press the play/pause or join button to exit Hardware Diagnostic mode.
    • Check the LED light again on your lounge speaker. Is it solid white or flashing green light?
      1. If you're seeing solid white
        • Reboot your Connect Amp
        • Unplug power until the LED light goes out, wait for 30 seconds then plug back into power.
        • Wait for the LED light to return to solid white.
        • Check the Sonos app if you see your lounge speaker.
        • If the speaker is still not in the Sonos app, use another power cable. You can use the power cable and check again.
        • Hardwire your lounge speaker to your router and see if it will appear on the Sonos app.
      2. If you're seeing a flashing green light, it means it's ready to be set up.
        • Add your lounge speaker to your existing system and follow the steps on the Sonos app.
        • Once the setup is complete, check back on the Sonos app and start music playback to test.

Please keep us posted on how it goes and submit another diagnostic report for us to check. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Userlevel 2

Apologies I mean the living room. It has now started working.  Let’s hope it carries on. 

i wonder why it won’t send the diagnostic. It takes a while but then I get the number 

I also remember when I set system up at Xmas I couldn’t get the sub to connect over wifi. I have a hub near it so I hard wired it but that’s not ideal for the future if I decide to use in another room. Any ideas ?

Userlevel 2

Do you want me to try again with diagnostic if it’s working ? 

Userlevel 2

Cut out again  keeps on coming on and off 

number 967427422

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @simonwillis

No worries. Thanks for clarifying that. May I ask, are all your Sonos devices wired to the Hub? How is the Hub connected to your router? When I asked you to reboot your network system, did you include the Hub?

It would be great if you can submit a diagnostic. Have you already tried turning off and on your mobile device? Do you have another mobile device that can connect to your Sonos system? You may try using it to submit the diagnostic report and get back to us for the confirmation number.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Userlevel 2

Hi, my wifi consists of a BT modem which is connected directly to a orbi hub with 2 orbi satellites.

Wired to the orbi hub is a ethernet switch to connect tv, sonos etc 

The Hall amp is connected directly to the ethernet switch and then the hall amp is connected to the living room amp 

The sub is connected to one of the orbi satellites as it wouldn't work on wifi 

The kitchen is a mobile unit which works fine on wifi

For the past 10 years, I have an older sonos amp connected to the ethernet switch and it has worked fine . I only upgraded as I had regular problems with 2 wifi speakers. 

I have not tried turning off my mobile device. I rebooted the modem, router and satellites plus force quit the sonos software off all devices as you asked. I use the Sonos App on two iPhones a iMac and a MacBook . the problem occurs regardless of which device I use

I submitted a diagnostic and sent you the number with the last post  number 967427422

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @simonwillis, thanks for your response. My apologies, the diagnostic report still showing that it did not parse correctly. This could be caused by wireless interference or network congestion. We really appreciate all your effort in working with me to resolve the issue. At this point, it would be best to contact our phone support team with your full network setup including the make and model of your network devices to look into this. Our phone support has the tools to check what's going on in your system and to remotely access your device to address the issue. Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions.