Answered

Connecting Beolab 6000 Speakers to Sonos AMP

• 1 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi

Tried to connect B&O Beolab 6000 speakers to Sonos AMP.  It seems to work, but the volume is loud when using as TV speakers or even Streaming Music.  Even at lowest settings (aside from 0) they are loud.  Tried adjusting the Volume Limit but wasn’t helpful. Any suggestions?  Is it a setting issue?  Or something else?  

And since these are Active speakers, if I turn off the TV, there is still the buzzing noise from the line - it won’t ‘shut off’ the speakers.  

Any feedback is appreciated, thank you!

icon

Best answer by Kumar 1 February 2023, 05:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

It’s a bit of a kludge, but you could connect this sort of device to AMP’s speaker output, then on to the 6000’s.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Panda88 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Then what’s a good (simple) way to connect the Beolabs through Sonos systems and to my TV?

There isn’t one. The Port is the only Sonos device with Line-Out.

Either connect the speakers directly to the TV (if you can) and forego Sonos, or obtain some passive speakers to connect to the Amp.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for that info.  I suspected that but wasn’t sure. Then what’s a good (simple) way to connect the Beolabs through Sonos systems and to my TV?  Because Port doesn’t really support TV audio.  

Thanks again for any feedback 

Sonos Port is the product to use with active speakers, not Sonos Amp that has a built in amplifier, unlike the Port.

But you know that already🤔