How long is a reasonable time to wait for customer service?

Userlevel 2

It has been over a week and a half since I’ve been able to use my Sonos system.  I contacted them immediately.  70 & 60 minute wait times over the phone.  No help from the chat bot.  The community is just a bunch of other folks like me that are screwed.  Where is the customer support???

FYI, Your case number is: ********

For whatever that is worth.

Moderator edit: recorded and removed case number - identifying information

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Engineering shipped an app with a ton of features missing and critical features broken for many, so Support is buried with problems. Plus the kind of issues people are having take a long time to attempt to fix, which further overloads Support.

It was a deliberate decision, by someone, to release this app with the knowledge of the huge hit the Support crew would have. But they did it anyway.

Userlevel 2

So is there any element of Sonos support at all in these forums?

Or moral support form for all of us abused consumers? 

So is there any element of Sonos support at all in these forums?

Or moral support form for all of us abused consumers? 

Virtually no support. There are moderators but they probably won’t see this. 

No, not really. This is a community forum, as indicated by the name of the forum. The only Sonos employees here are forum moderators, and given the marked increase in posts over the last few days, it wouldn’t surprise me if they have precious little spare time to provide any support, which they’re pretty good at, when they can. 

But Sonos support is not these forums, nor do any of them read this forum in an official capacity. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I spent two hours on chat yesterday only be told my problem can only be fixed over the phone. I was on hold for another hour, and I had to hang up to do my job. I just tried calling tonight and was told it was a 90 minute wait. 

I would like to suggest that the CEO stops giving interviews to sell more product and go help in support so that what was already purchased can work correctly.  

The support webpage says there is increased demand right now, but it doesn’t say that the company itself caused the increased demand. Also, the first thing you see on the company’s website is “Effortless Listening.”  I am making a lot of effort to get to the effortless.  

Brian

Userlevel 2

Two weeks in to this fiasco.  I keep getting the same basic email (below) in every communication I’m submitting.  There is no impetus to fix anything at Sonos.  

Insult to injury - the links he attached “Page not found.”  That tells you all you need to know.  

Greetings Keith,

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Customer Experience. We hope this email finds you in good health. My name is Shising, and I will be working with you today.

I truly understand your situation, as I'm a customer too, and I personally want to apologize for all the issues this update has caused you.

To provide an accurate solution for the issue experienced, there are a few things I would love to know, as this will help me properly troubleshoot, avoiding unnecessary steps.

1. What is the main issue with your Sonos system?
2. Is this happening on multiple controllers?
3. What steps have you followed to troubleshot the issue?

All this information will help me understand your situation and provide a faster resolution, avoiding unnecessary steps.

We regret that sometimes things do not result in desire, and we take all the responsibility for this. Thats why our development staff is currently working on all these fixes to bring all the promised features back up and running smoothly for our customers.

In the following link, you will find updated information on coming releases and future updates: https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-update . Each of these updates will bring all the options we used to have available to our customers, including some new features.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and we thank you for your understanding on this matter. If you have other concerns, feel free to let us know.

Shi Sing Y

Odd link, to be sure, I think the FAQ link in question is https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates. Which is doubly odd, I see no difference between the two, but mine goes to an article, whereas the one you received does not. 

Called 3 times over the last 3 days.   Never had a wait time of less than 60 minutes.  Right now on hold for 1 hour and 35 minutes and counting…..  Everything was working fine until they forced an update.  Had my Sonos for 10 years.  Most likely will sell it as soon as I find my next alternative.  This is just crap.  Useless hardware.  Does anyone know of a good amp alternative considering two of my speakers are unpowered.  Is there a forum where I can sell this stuff?

Dear Sonos,

I bought outdoor speakers about a month and a half ago. That already went out. I keep calling Sonos customer service just to be told every time there’s a 60-80min wait time.. took the chance and waited only to not have anyone pick up.. what is up with yall? Is there really a lot of people calling in because of problems with yalls devices? If so, be helpful if yall could at least answer the phone and deal with them in a timely fashion..

Second time in a yr my system has gone down, seems to happen when they do an update.

Once again, waiting over an hour on hold listening to same recording is “amateur hour”. 

Surprised a technology Co does not offer call back option that other service industries do, ie Delta Airlines.

I hope someone  from Sonos is reading these complaints as people who can afford these products will simply go elsewhere.