Question

Error Code 913

• 21 May 2024
  • 3 replies

I have read several of the concerns about the apparent removal of the music library and the related 913 Error Code. I’ve tried the solution that was posted about adding sharing to the files that I’d like in the music library. I have four files that previously made up my library. I added sharing to each file and still couldn’t add the files to the library. I tried updating and rebooting my computer and got the same result, a 913 error code.

Is there something else I can do?

I have added Sonos products over the years so I could play my music from my libraries. I’m really not interested in the streaming services. I read the email from Sonos about the changes coming and thought that libraries on your own computer would still work.

Thanks for any help.

3 replies

Since I posted the above, I’ve now been able to add two directories from my C drive. I also had two directories on an external drive that I still can’t add. It looks like when I add sharing of Sonos it doesn’t stick though when I check which directories have sharing both come up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I am having same issue with Mac, I get error 913 when trying to re-add my local hard drive (connected via USB) to the Library.  Any help appreciated!

I tried adding special permissions and listed the subdirectories on the external hard drive. That seemed to take care of the issue so my entire library is now accessible. I followed the advice that Scrubbrush had posted about sharing permissions and that worked for my C drive subdirectories and doing that and adding special sharing seemed to work for my external drive.