Answered

volume level of alexa wake word chime

• 9 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +3
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 19 replies

I use Alexa with my sonos system. Sometimes, especially when Alexa misinterprets the wake word, the chime volume is very loud. It startles people in the room!

How can I control the chime volume please?

TIA .... Greg 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 9 February 2023, 20:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Are you suggesting I turn the chime off to find out whether I continue to hear illegitimate, overly loud chimes? If not, what is the point of turning it off? .... Greg 

Because if it still occurs it may possibly rule out the Alexa ‘wake word chime’ being the issue, 🤔? 

I’ve not ever personally noticed the issue and I have the Arc (lounge), Beam (gen2) (dining room) and Beam (gen1) (main bedroom) and they’ve been there since the devices were first launched, but I have the Alexa wake word chime disabled on all three products.

Nothing ventured… etc.

Badge +3

Are you suggesting I turn the chime off to find out whether I continue to hear illegitimate, overly loud chimes? If not, what is the point of turning it off? .... Greg 

Thank you but my problem is that the chime volume sometimes is shockingly loud. This happens on occasions when Alexa is mistaken in detecting a wake word. When the wake word is legitimate, ie i call Alexa, the chime volume is different and of acceptable volume.

Even if legitimate, or otherwise, perhaps try @GuitarSuperstar’s suggestion and just switch off the chime altogether in the App. The Alexa volume is otherwise linked to the speaker volume. 

Badge +3

Thank you but my problem is that the chime volume sometimes is shockingly loud. This happens on occasions when Alexa is mistaken in detecting a wake word. When the wake word is legitimate, ie i call Alexa, the chime volume is different and of acceptable volume.

Userlevel 7

You can turn the chime off by following these instructions:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/toggle-a-voice-service-s-wake-word-chime-on-or-off