Volume Level/Control via Alexa (Echo, Dot, Sonos One)

• 26 October 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16
  • Headliner I
  • 998 replies
Since i've owned Sonos products my biggest bugbear has been that there is no indication of the volume level on the app, meaning when I turn up my car volume it goes from e.g. 0 to 90. Now it's not a major problem as on the app I can gauge that the volume slider is at 50% but when using Alexa I have no idea what the volume level is and it's really annoying me.

Each time I wish to adjust the volume up or down I have to ask her "Alexa turn the volume up in the kitchen" nope that's not load enough, "Alexa turn the volume up in the kitchen" still not load enough, get my drift guys (and girls) is there a way to get volume to percentage of 100% or an this be added to the voice control please?

Thanks
Dave
AKA: HitMinion 🆒

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Dave, you can say "Alexa, volume X in the (room name)" for a level X from 1 to 10. Not the best granularity, but it works.Simple, elegant, and it works! Thanks.

1 to 10?

When I want the music loud I say "Alexa, volume to 11" and she does it.

Are you saying she only goes to 10 and has been lying to me?
Or does mine go to 11 but yours doesn't, so mine is one louder?
Tend to use 1-10 (imaging 5/10 is 50%!). Then tweek using volume lower/volume higher.
One problem I find is if I accideny say set volume to 50% it stops the volume working all together and I have to disable and re enable the Sonos. Not so bad now I’m used to it but Annoying at first....!
Dave, you can say "Alexa, volume X in the (room name)" for a level X from 1 to 10. Not the best granularity, but it works.Simple, elegant, and it works! Thanks.
I found this thread: https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/volume-control-6791627 Quitting the Sonos iPhone app seemed to fix this problem.
My Alexa/Dot can't seem to update the Sonos Play1 volume. Tips?
My lights give me 50%, why can't my Sonos!!??
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Well shut the door @jgatie thanks for that... I'll just set the volume to ZERO on this topic 😞 and agreed, could be a better range of volume control, e.g percentage or 1 to 100 so at least I could say volume 50 to give me 50%.
Dave, you can say "Alexa, volume X in the (room name)" for a level X from 1 to 10. Not the best granularity, but it works.