Reset Sonos 1

• 30 January 2018
  • 4 replies

How do i reset a sonos one?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge
Thanks Chris, My Apple Homekit could not connect to my second Sonos One after I separated it from a stereo pair. I read somewhere that this had to do with the owner account that the original Homekit setup was made with. My Apple account goes back to @mac.com and the registration defaults to this; I had used one of the later Apple domains when I first registered. Interestingly this did not effect my first Sonos One, so I decided it was quicker to treat the symptom as a glitch. The re-set was easy, and I was able to use exactly the same name that was assigned before the re-set for all services with relative ease (Sonos, Homekit and Alexa).
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
A factory reset wipes out all the information stored in the system meaning you need to put it all back in again, this is rarely necessary to fix a problem and can make finding out what is wrong more difficult.

Doing a factory reset before selling or returning a system is the one time it is a good idea and not a last resort.
Sonos One, PLAY:5 (gen2), BOOST, BRIDGE, SUB and PLAYBASE:
Unplug the power cord from the electrical wall outlet.
Press and hold the Connect button while simultaneously plugging the power cord back into the electrical wall outlet.
Continue holding the Connect button until the light begins flashing amber and white.
Once reset, the light will flash green, indicating the product has been reset and can be added back to your Sonos household.

May I ask why you need to factory reset it ... not always a good idea.

Why is this not a good idea? Seemed to help my Sonos one and I was having issues. Now I need to factory reset them again before I return them to wipe any personal data.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sonos One, PLAY:5 (gen2), BOOST, BRIDGE, SUB and PLAYBASE:
Unplug the power cord from the electrical wall outlet.
Press and hold the Connect button while simultaneously plugging the power cord back into the electrical wall outlet.
Continue holding the Connect button until the light begins flashing amber and white.
Once reset, the light will flash green, indicating the product has been reset and can be added back to your Sonos household.

May I ask why you need to factory reset it ... not always a good idea.