Answered

How to add my local library to a streaming service which Alexa and Sonos can use?

• 4 October 2017
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Being able to control Sonos via voice commands is convenient but not being able to play from my local library does limit the usefulness. Is there any way to add my library to one of these services easily and cheaply [ie free]?
icon

Best answer by Skelton 4 October 2017, 22:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
If I'm not mistaken Amazon Music offers 250 songs for free. For $25/year you can upload 250,000, which is a lot more reasonable than I expected.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ref_=dm_amp_storage_subs_lrn_more&nodeId=201379330

Regional limitations apply here of course.

That's the one I'm most familiar with.
Amazon can do this fairly easily (it's been years since I did it) and it's not free. I believe it's a part of prime, but overall it's pretty cheap. You're best to look into it from the Amazon site.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Well if sonos got its act together they would be supporting Plex but obviously this was to difficult to implement
Well if sonos got its act together they would be supporting Plex but obviously this was to difficult to implement

Sonos does support Plex, the Plex implementation just happens to be half baked and ignored by Plex. And by the way, Sonos has no role in the Plex implementation other than supplying access to the Music Partners API, and performing the testing of their implementation. It is Plex who have abandoned the project in an unfinished state. But hey, what does a few facts mean when one is on a rant?
Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Sonos does support Plex, the Plex implementation just happens to be half baked and ignored by Plex. And by the way, Sonos has no role in the Plex implementation other than supplying access to the Music Partners API, and performing the testing of their implementation. It is Plex who have abandoned the project in an unfinished state. But hey, what does a few facts mean when one is on a rant?

What facts are you talking about? I use Plex everyday on sonos and it is not by any means half baked. It works damn well.
Yeah, we get it. You like Plex. The vast majority of users who tried it did not. Deal with it.