Question

Amazon Music Unlimited for Echo Monthly with Sono Voice Control

• 21 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been asked already.

I have 3 Sonos Speakers and 1 Echo Dot. I have tried to use the voice control skill but when I try to play certain music , via the dot to one of the Sonos speakers, using the voice control skill I get told I need to upgrade my Amazon music subscription. I already pay for the Amazon Music Unlimited for Echo Monthly. I was just trying to play a specific artists album and got told I needed to upgrade if I wanted to play that album.

I contacted Amazon support and they suggested to fix the problem I should upgrade to the £7.99/month or £79/year plan for playing music on multiple devices.

I just wanted to check that this was correct i.e to use the voice control/integration to play muck on Sonos speakers that you need to be on the £7.99/month Amazon music subscription rather that the single echo dot subscription?

Thanks
Michael

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I believe this is correct. I have just got one echo dot and and inadvertently signed up for a month's free Prime trial and I have also signed up for the 3.99 Dot music unlimited so at the moment it works on my Sonos speakers but I suspect it is because of the Prime trial. I am waiting to see what happens when that expires but think I will have to upgrade to either Prime or Unlimited
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
I already pay for the Amazon Music Unlimited for Echo Monthly.

The answer from support sounds reasonable from a technical standpoint. Your subscription allows you to play music on the Echo device.

Sonos allows you to use Alexa to control your Sonos equipment, but it isn't streaming from the Alexa-device to it. The stream would be direct from Amazon, and that requires the higher tier sub.