Alexa and Sonos

• 5 October 2017
  • 6 replies

I realise this is a beta release and that Sonos would obviously ensure Amazon music works first but having waited a year to find out I can’t use Deezer with Alexa is disappointing. Whilst I have an amazon music account the integration doesn’t work, if I ask Alexa to play something it plays a short example of the song and not from my Amazon playlist. A poor user experience from what should’ve been a great announcement.
The new app is ok but you’ve removed the swipe right facility to browse music when in room playback mode and swipe up to view nav bar doesn’t work.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
sryan: I was able to take a closer look at your ticket in our system and saw you worked with Dan to get your Sonos system running with Alexa. Should you run into any problems, please feel free to reach back out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Understood. Are you using an Alexa Dot or a Sonos One? Additionally, have you disabled and re-enabled the Sonos skill in the Alexa app? When you go into the Alexa app and then to Smart Home, do you see your Sonos devices there? Thanks in advance.
Keith, When I ask Alexa to play "van morrison" she looks the artist on Amazon Music, tries to play it but no sound comes out. My spotify music please very easy on the sonos from the sonos app. Alexa has done this before and has self corrected in the past. Still having issues.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, sryan. I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. Are you trying to play Deezer on Sonos through Alexa?
Any idea why Alexa understands my music request but can play it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, GAJIT. Welcome to the Community. In regards to Deezer availability, the biggest obstacle is what Amazon Alexa supports. Since Deezer is not supported by Alexa, we cannot use Alexa to interface with Deezer. Whenever Deezer is supported by Alexa, it shouldn't be a long wait for it to come to Sonos.

Whilst I have an amazon music account the integration doesn’t work, if I ask Alexa to play something it plays a short example of the song and not from my Amazon playlist.

It sounds like Alexa is playing samples from Amazon Music Unlimited rather than playing from your Amazon playlist. What is the exact command you are giving? What response does Alexa give? Would you mind sending us a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end?