Answered

trueplay unbalances the sound to the left

• 20 December 2022
  • 2 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I have a problem with the trueplay function. I have 2 sonos play 5 gen2 in stereo and when I activate the trueplay, the sound volume is unbalanced towards the left. I have redone several calibrations. Separate the stereo. Nothing works. By deactivating trueplay everything is back to normal except the sound quality.... I have read that other users had the same problem. Any solutions to come? 

sincerelly

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 20 December 2022, 21:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

@FMA,
Not sure if this helps or not, but I once came across this issue, albeit with different Sonos products - and it was quite a long time ago.  I resolved it by first unpairing the speakers and ‘factory-resetting’ one speaker, then I added it back to the system… before I then ‘factory-reset’ the second speaker and also added that back to the system.

I stereo paired them again and the issue was resolved. However,  I’m not completely sure, but I may have also renamed and swapped the two speakers around afterwards too, so that the left speaker became the right one etc.

Note however, if you do rename your speakers and currently use them as accessories in the Apple Home(Kit) App, you should ideally remove, or at the very least, rename the speakers in that App aswell.

Anyhow, the reset steps helped to sort my issue and I have not seen it again since.

So maybe speak to Sonos Support first and perhaps consider trying the above suggestion, if all else fails. HTH. 

Unlikely that there’s anyone in the community that can answer your question, probably better if you were to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it. They could likely look at your diagnostic, and suggest whether it’s peculiar to your setup, a hardware issue, or a software issue.