Answered

Connecting Ray to Mac mini by audio optical

• 31 March 2024
  • 5 replies

No suxess Connecting Ray to Mac mini (3,5 out) by audio optical to Ray. Any help please? How it is possible? I have adapter to modify from analog to digital but not receiving. Ray is working by Air Play nicely. Audio opical has a red light inside, signal is ok.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 1 April 2024, 00:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Imo you just have to avoid Dolby Atmos because Sonos Ray isn’t compatible with that. DD+ always has got a DD core within and even DTS standard 5.1 is compatible with Ray. 
Audio settings have to be set individually on the used software player. 

Depends, I suspect, on the app in use, as well as the Mac’s settings. Have you asked Apple?

Check the signal being sent, too. Make sure it is at most Dolby Digital, and not Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, or Atmos of any kind. 

How to change in or check in Mac mini?

Check the signal being sent, too. Make sure it is at most Dolby Digital, and not Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, or Atmos of any kind. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@eeropalm 

An AD converter isn’t a good option at all because that would cause a delay and reduces audio format to stereo. 
I recommend to use a hdmi audioextractor with toslink out.