Question

Connect:Amp Blinking White

• 13 May 2024
  • 1 reply

My Connect:Amp disappeared from my Sonos app and I can’t play anything on it anymore. The LED is just slowly blinking white. Before this issue, it has worked flawlessly for 8 years in the same spot. Have several other Sonos products that still work.

Tried the following, but none of the below worked:

1. Not able to factory reset - held down the play/pause button for over a minute while plugging in and it never reset from what I could tell - tried 10+ times only ever got a slowly blinking white light (never saw an amber color)
  2. Wired it directly to my router via ethernet, and have left it on and connected overnight per this article (the ethernet lights on the back do turn on when plugged in but it doesn’t show up as a connected device from my router)
  3. Then re-tried step 1 while still wired directly the next day

Not sure what else to try, does this just mean it is broken? Anybody have a similar experience?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Factory resetting is usually a bad idea until you have consulted with Sonos aside from initial install issues on some speakers.

If you have connected it directly to your main router or a switch connected there and cycled the power it is likely you have an internal issue booting that will require a call to Sonos support.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-led-lights

Flashing white
The Sonos product is booting up after being plugged into power. The status light will also flash white while it’s waiting to connect to the network.