Answered

Sonos iOS App (80.00.08) cannot search YouTube Music, returning "No results"

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have found the new Sonos iOS App (80.00.08) returns a “No results” message for all YouTube Music searches. This same account worked fine in the pervious generation of iOS app and continues to work on the latest MacOS app (16.2). I have tried removing and re-authorizing the YouTube Music service and restarting all the equipment with no luck, and now suspect this is broken.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Are there any fixes?

When will this get fixed?

Thanks,

Graham

icon

Best answer by Corry P 14 June 2024, 17:26

View original

31 replies

Hi, Graham. I am facing the same issue with YouTube music after upgrading to the latest build. How unfortunate? New fixes are creating more problems. What a shame. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m mostly an international radio listener on Sonos. Now about 40% of my stations are gone. 

I am having the same issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge

How long will this mess last?

When I click on a station on Recently Played list I get “Something went wrong try again” it never connects. When I click on the same station on Sonos  Favorites it plays.  Some stations are greyed out and still play, but not all. Some stations play simultaneously, listening to them play over each other. Some stations are gone from my list but are available when I search and some will actually play. But I’m unable to add them to my favorites….

Does it look like they’re working on this? I don’t know.

Badge

I've had the same behaviour on Android since updating the app to the latest version. My YouTube had been working previously but now I do not see any search results. I'm able to navigate the playlists but it's terribly slow to get anything to play.

Keen to follow this thread to see progress.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Very slowly just a few radio station icons are returning instead of bing greyed out. I’m glad I never upgraded my iMac. 

And not a word from the Sonos staff. Bad or good. Great PR people!!

Userlevel 1
Badge

It’s still a big mess. Lost some of my playlists too…

This is very frustrating. 

I’m having the same two issues described above. 
1. Searching for any artist or song in YouTube yields no results. Can navigate to the service via the app and play ‘My Supermix’ or other playlists, just can’t search for anything. This is true for both my wife and I.
2. I can’t play any playlist that is in my recently played bar. My wife does not have this issue on the same network trying to play the same recently played list to the same zone. Both on iPhones and both have the new app. 

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, disconnecting and reconnecting the YouTube account. Nothing has worked. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I never upgraded my iMac to this horror show luckily and can access my old files. But for some reason when I’m on iPad which is upgraded to 80.1.10 I can’t save any of these files  on my  iPad. The radio stations show but they’re greyed out.  

How to really ruin something good. It wasn’t perfect but this is like the upgrade was done by a toddler. 

Just so sick of this bull. Not a word from the Sonos people! There is no help info anywhere I can find. If anyone knows of any help info, please post here. Thanks

Under this new app when searching globally nothing shows up under YouTube music. I deleted the service and reinstalled the service again and I'm still having the same issue.  

Moderator edit: moved from separate thread

I am seeing things on Android as well. I reauthorized, removed and re-added YouTube Music, nothing works. All of my library is in YouTube Music and it is the only streaming service I use. Now my Sonos system is unusable for a month! 

The only time I don't see this bug is when it can't find my system at all. Sometimes this means I can pause, change the volume, or stop the music. 

Worst update ever. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

So were some of mine. A lot of my saved radio stations that I had for years are now grayed out with “something went wrong try again” message. Really…No kidding. If I download a station I can’t save it and can’t play it on recently played because I get the same message “something went wrong try again”. Absurd!

Absolutely no help from Sonos. Are they still in business? I wonder….

The only time I don't see this bug is when it can't find my system at all. Sometimes this means I can't pause, change the volume, or stop the music. 

Fixed the second "can't". 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @graham1980 (et al)

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thanks for reporting this. I’d especially like to get some traction on this issue as I am also affected. My colleagues are unable to reproduce the issue, however, so we need to try and spot a pattern in the cases where searching YouTube Music does not work.

I would ask you all to therefore please provide some information. Please reply with the following, after performing a search and submitting a support diagnostic immediately afterwards:

• Confirmation that you have submitted a diagnostic, but please don’t share the number given at the end - I’ll be able to find them without, and they are identifying info.
  • Are you using a free YouTube Music account, or a Premium account?
  • Are you using an additional family member on your account?
  • Which country are you in?
  • Are you using iOS or Android?
  • What brand/model phone are you using?
  • Confirmation that you have attempted rebooting your phone/tablet, and that you have tried removing your YouTube Music account from Sonos and added it again with no change in results.

Hopefully with enough info, we’ll be able to figure out what the issue is. Thank you all.

Confirmation that you have submitted a diagnostic - Done

Are you using a free YouTube Music account, or a Premium account? Premium 

Are you using an additional family member on your account? Yes 

Which country are you in? USA 

Are you using iOS or Android? Latest Android

What brand/model phone are you using? Google Pixel 8 Pro 

Confirmation that you have attempted rebooting your phone/tablet, and that you have tried removing your YouTube Music account from Sonos and added it again with no change in results. - Confirmed 

Userlevel 1
  • Confirmation that you have submitted a diagnostic, but please don’t share the number given at the end - I’ll be able to find them without, and they are identifying info. Done
  • Are you using a free YouTube Music account, or a Premium account? Premium
  • Are you using an additional family member on your account? Yes
  • Which country are you in? Australia
  • Are you using iOS or Android? iOS
  • What brand/model phone are you using? iPhone 14 Pro
  • Confirmation that you have attempted rebooting your phone/tablet, and that you have tried removing your YouTube Music account from Sonos and added it again with no change in results. Confirmed

Confirmation that you have submitted a diagnostic - Done

Are you using a free YouTube Music account, or a Premium account? Premium 

Are you using an additional family member on your account? No 

Which country are you in? USA 

Are you using iOS or Android? Latest Android (Vanilla Ice Cream)

What brand/model phone are you using? Google Pixel 8 Pro 

Confirmation that you have attempted rebooting your phone/tablet, and that you have tried removing your YouTube Music account from Sonos and added it again with no change in results. - Confirmed 

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Confirmation that you have submitted a diagnostic, but please don’t share the number given at the end - I’ll be able to find them without, and they are identifying info. YES
  • Are you using a free YouTube Music account, or a Premium account?NO
  • Are you using an additional family member on your account? NO
  • Which country are you in? US
  • Are you using iOS or Android? IOS
  • What brand/model phone are you using? IPHONE 13 Mini and iPad Pro11 inch
  • Confirmation that you have attempted rebooting your phone/tablet, and that you have tried removing your YouTube Music account from Sonos and added it again with no change in results. Yes don’t useYouTube music

I am having the same issue as well and just submitted a diagnostics report.

• Confirmation that you have submitted a diagnostic: DONE
  • Are you using a free YouTube Music account, or a Premium account? Premium
  • Are you using an additional family member on your account? I am a family member of another account
  • Which country are you in? Switzerland
  • Are you using iOS or Android? IOS
  • What brand/model phone are you using? Iphone 14
  • Confirmation that you have attempted rebooting your phone/tablet, and that you have tried removing your YouTube Music account from Sonos and added it again with no change in results. Confirmed

• Confirmation that you have submitted a diagnostic: DONE
  • Are you using a free YouTube Music account, or a Premium account? Premium
  • Are you using an additional family member on your account? I am the primary account owner of a family account
  • Which country are you in? USA
  • Are you using iOS or Android? IOS 17.4.1
  • What brand/model phone are you using? IPhone 13

Moderator edit: recorded and removed diagnostic number

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Everyone 

Thanks for the info! I’ll pass it all along to an engineer for investigation.

Hi @Mitzie 

This thread relates to YouTube Music - if you are not using that service, then you are off-topic for this thread. I recommend you create a new thread for your issue with radio stations.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you. I’ve moved to a new thread.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @graham1980 et al

Good news - my colleague found a way to reproduce the issue in his own tests, and in doing so, found a workaround for us to use in the meantime.

Please disable the explicit content filter in the Sonos app in order to get search results for YouTube Music. Settings icon » Manage » Parental Controls » Filter Explicit Content » Off

As for the problem itself, we have identified an issue, but have no estimation for when a fix can be implemented.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1

@Corry P, yes that worked, thanks for the workaround.

If parental controls are off and I still can't play most of my YouTube content, is this related to the same issue? I can search and find things but as soon as I want to play it gives the oops something went wrong message. Somewhat annoying as now my kids can't listen to most of their stories anymore.