Answered

Sonos app crashing on iPhone Six

I use an older iPhone to control my system when I am using my newer phone for other activities. It has no sim card, just connected to network.  Only music and book programs on i-6.  I downloaded the Sonos app. Because phone is older, it won’t update to newer software but just reverts back to older version. That has not been a problem for a couple of years.  Everything worked as expected. I replaced a Sonos Roam today and now when I start the app it starts then crashes. It shows as active when i go to close apps but when I close and reopen it keeps doing same thing.  I have unloaded and reloaded software multiple times. I have rebooted the phone multiple times. I’ve even reset the iPhone. the App works fine on my iPhone 13.  Any thoughts

icon

Best answer by controlav 2 May 2024, 14:29

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @wallywrld, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Since you have the Sonos Roam, you’ll be running the S2 app, and the S2 app requirements mean you’ll need to be running iOS 16 or higher. From what I can find online, the iPhone 6 only supports up to iOS 12.5.7. While this iOS met the requirements for the S1 app, it doesn’t for the S2 app, nor operating systems listed in our support article for Using Sonos with an unsupported operating system.

Why it was letting you use the S2 app before I’m not sure, unless you were on an S1 system before adding the Sonos Roam. My only suggestion would be to use your iPhone 13 to control your Sonos system as that device can support the latest iOS version.

It was on S1 prior. then I upgraded to S2.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you want to control your Sonos system from an ancient iOS device, check out SonoPhone / SonoPad from the app store.

To controlav Maestro: Downloaded the SonoPhone App and tried it. Appears to work. Will take it for a serious test drive in the next day or so. Thank you for the feedback!

He’s the author of that app, he should know what it can do ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

He’s the author of that app, he should know what it can do ;)

No those are not my apps, I just recommend them to iOS users.

Ah, sorry. 

I do have respect for those who code, though. A skill I wish I had nurtured.