WSS21 / WSS22 - Sonos One - Sanus Stands Safety Concerns - Easily Topples due to lack of screw

• 4 December 2017
  • 27 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
#SonosOne
Hi All

Just wanted to see if anyone is currently experiencing a possible issue with the Sonos One not being securely screwed to the provided Sanus brackets shipping with new WSS22 "Sonos One" stands. As the old Play 1 had a screw at the back of them, old Gen. Sanus brackets (for the WSS1) had the holes and could be secured to the speakers, however as Sonos seems to have done away with the screw design together with any compatibility with previous Play 1 stands, it appears to be to difficult to design a bracket to actually firm grasp the base of the Sonos One Speakers, making it easier for a toddler to sustain damage from an unstable speaker even though the base is wide and stable it's easy for the speaker to get knocked and damaged which also potentially means more sales for Sonos due damaged Ones in the process

Please comment if anyone seems to have bought one yet and concurs there is a chance of the speaker getting knocked of the bracket base easily unless the "base bracket grip" can be tightened. Sonos don't appear to sell the Flexson version of the One stands as yet on the website, but on contacting Flexson , their technical document shows the base bracket to be near enough the full size if the Sonos speaker base at appx 110mm, unfortunately the only way to test if it's any more secure woulf to buy those as well now and return the ones that are worse off. It's quite a shame to release premium products with such oversight , I certainly hope it's not becoming a bit like DYSON and release iterations of products far inferior in design and longevity than it's predecessors with each new version and not being any cheaper!!

Look Forward to any thoughts on this current dilemma!!...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
I just received my new Sonos One speakers and two Sanus WSS21/WSS22 speaker stands. There is no option to securely mount the speakers to the stands. The speakers can easily fall off the stands. These stands appear to be compatible with Play 3 speakers because there is a place for a mounting screw in the bracket and the speaker.

I like the appearance of the stands but this is an unacceptable way to mount my new speakers. I am very disappointed that Sonos would sell this product as being compatible with Sonos One speakers. Sonos should quit selling these stands as being compatible with the Sonos One until Sonos and Sanus get together and correct this design flaw. I spoke with a Sanus representative today. He was unable to provide an answer as how to deal with this dilemma.

I totally agree.. sadly the world we live in today, doesn't function in accord with 2+ complaints.. for things to change we would need in order of 1000's of complaints , issues or until something serious were to occur.

I also don't think Sanus sell those volumes of stands to generate that level of negative feedback to care. Sonos should acknowledge this and give a further choice on its website or withdraw the Sanus product, which again it wouldn't do as it doesn't deem it as a serious issue.

These companies invest in design and manufacturing costs they would much rather ride the wave to recoup costs than iterate to revised version/generation too soon.
That's the way industry generally works with cost unless the company is super customer centric 😉
I’m part of the Sonos community on Facebook and one of the members has just bought the same stands that came with an extra bracket that secured the play 1, need to get Sanus to send us these brackets, picture attachedDoes anyone know where I can purchase a bracket like this? Apart from safety concerns, it just looks stupid having a lopsided speaker on the stand.