Why won't the white indicator light turn off on Play 1?

The white indicator light won't turn off on the play 1 in the master bedroom. I have tried different controllers and they are all set to off. Please help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi User835107,

I noticed that my colleague Morgan is currently assisting you (reference number 140728-000029).I’ll close this post to centralize the channel of support.

Thanks,
Max
I have the same problem.
White light is on 24/7 in the bedroom.
Please, what is the solution? I can't find it on Sonos site.
Thanks.
D.
Toggle the “White Status Light” under “Room Settings” in the Sonos Controller app.
I had figured this RTFM out when I first installed the Sonos system!
I have several speakers, "White Status Light" is unticked in the settings of every room, but the light stays on in the bedroom.
Swapping speakers around is not a viable options as they are all in bedrooms.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
I noticed that when I put 2 play1s in to a stereo pair, then split them back again, that the light setting was re-set and I had to go & turn it off again. Might do nothing for you, but if you turn them on/off in pair it might do something.....or not... let us know ;O)
I have several speakers, "White Status Light" is unticked in the settings of every room, but the light stays on in the bedroom.
Is it actually green? Zero volume or mute will light the LED green.

Look in About My Sonos System for the IP address (x.x.x.x) of the bedroom player then point a browser to http://x.x.x.x:1400/status/jffs/localsettings.txt. You should see LED: [Off].
I unplugged playbar and all speakers, reconnected, factory reset, re-installation.
Light gone at last.
Is it actually green? Zero volume or mute will light the LED green.

Look in About My Sonos System for the IP address (x.x.x.x) of the bedroom player then point a browser to http://x.x.x.x:1400/status/jffs/localsettings.txt. You should see LED: [Off].

Haha, thank you! Had this last night and was driving me insane - have just started muting speakers (7 PLAY:1 set up) instead of grouping and ungrouping all the time!

SONOS - muting speakers overrides your Status Indicator Light setting!!
I thought the button was a pause button, not a mute button?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
The green light on the middle LED is a mute indicator, and the original PLAY:1s did ship with the Play/Pause icon, they never had the old mute icon. Though some of the original beta versions did have the mute.

In either case, if you're seeing the green light on a connected speaker it's almost certainly muted (or volume is at 0), this isn't disabled if the status LED is turned off. That feature for turning off the LED is just to disable the normal resting white LED of "on".