Why is your software and general reliability so poor? it’s so frustrating

• 9 December 2020
  • 2 replies

With various updates, the reliability of my Sonos  system  is getting worse and worse. It honestly works about one time in three. Perpetual error messages, unable,can’t, won’t, error occurred, no music playing, at really inopportune times. 
such a frustrating music listening experience. When it works it’s great, okay, good sound and it’s worthwhile. But just a constant reliability headache. I’ll go back to a simple radio or MP3 player in each room. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

As this is your first post, you have clearly never asked for any assistance for specific issues before.

Given the generic description of your problems, I would posit that you have a low quality home router, but hard to suggest anything else given the paucity of information in your post.

Very many of us never have any issues with our systems, and one reason for that is using a high quality router.

Equally important, in my mind, is the ‘care and feeding’ of my local network. While I have a run of the mill Netgear router, I pay close attention to wifi interference, both internal to my home, and external, as well as having reserved IP addresses for all network devices. Sonos, being both WiFi and network devices, are only as good as the network quality. 

The only substantial issue I’ve had in many years was a new neighbor who used a WiFi channel that interfered with mine. I changed channels, and everything was fine again.