Why can't it be simpler?

• 24 December 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge
What happened to good old fashioned Bluetooth? Wtf is with the play 1 not connecting to my laptop? I should have investigated better. Sound is good, but the speaker should just connect to all our devices, it's BS man, total BS

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I should have investigated better...

Couldn't agree more...
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Sonos is not a computer speaker system, it's a sound system that works on wifi.

So if you want quality sound in every room of your house, want to connect CD players, record decks, speakers, etc then your research would have told you to buy Sonos.

If you wanted a Bluetooth speaker, perhaps you should have bought one.
It will connect to your laptop's drive, and play the files on it. However, it's better to move your files to a NAS, and play them from there, or up to the cloud (Google or Amazon) and play via service provider integration in Sonos. Way simpler and far better than Bluetooth, which truly sucks.
I'm in the same boat. Maybe it's great for multi-room but it was advertised to me as a great wireless speaker. The difference was not made clear at purchase. Thus I suppose the blame lies with the supplier I bought it from, not Sonos. Nonetheless, I can't put up with no youtube, amongst other things, so will exchange for a Bose tomorrow.