White status light Sonos Beam not turning off

• 20 March 2021
  • 2 replies

I have an almost one your old Sonos Beam. Until today, the white status LED was on whenever the Beam was playing, and after a while idle the LED turned off automatically.

Since today, the white led stays on all the time, also after hours ofo being idle. I know I can turn off the LED permanently in the app, but I don't want to do that. I like the led being one when the device is in use, and disappear when it's not.

I already factory resetted the Beam as well as reinstalled the app, but this didn't help.

Funny enough I read everywhere on the internet that the white led never turns off itself. But I am 100% sure mine did. It's frustrating me.

Does anyone hava a solution? Is the white status light on your Beam turning off after being idle for a while?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The status light remains on unless turned off within the App.

It does happen occasionally, at least on other devices, that a software update turns that light back on. I’ve had to go in to the controller and flip the setting ‘on’ and then back ‘off’ in order to turn off the light again. I’m not sure why it doesn’t always respect that setting, so it is one of those things I’m accustomed to checking when there is a software update. The odd part is it isn’t every time, which probably makes it much more difficult to track down in the code.