Answered

Which speakers to use for surround sound on Sonos Playbar?

• 15 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi,

I have a playbar attached to my TV (it’s actually a plasma monitor). Playbar is about 4 years old. This is not our primary viewing room (though it does get a lot of use) as I have a separate room for that.

I’d like a little better audio than just the playbar. 
My question is which surround speakers would be preferable in this room which is approx 16’ x 16’.?

Would it be a pair of the new Fives or is that overkill? What about a pair of the Play speakers?

thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 16 February 2021, 04:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

For a room that size, two One SLs would be sufficient for surrounds. Have you considered adding the Sub?

Badge

For a room that size, two One SLs would be sufficient for surrounds. Have you considered adding the Sub?

That’s a good suggestion. Thanks. Yes I thought about the sub too. So you think I wouldn’t benefit from the Five?

thanks again.

Userlevel 7

I think Fives with the Playbar in a 16 x 16 room would be overkill and might overpower your Playbar. IMO, you would be better off with One SLs and using the money you saved to put towards a Sub.