which speaker pair best with playbase ?

• 5 September 2019
  • 3 replies

hello,

I am looking to upgrade my system, thinking of pairing my playbase with a pair of speaker and sub, what would be the best pick for a pair of rear speaker ? thanks

3 replies

Since the Playbase already has Airplay, the least costly would be the Play:1 (if still available) or the upcoming One SL. Both of these do not have voice control built-in. If you need voice control, you could get a One and a One SL, or two Ones.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Since the Playbase already has Airplay, the least costly would be the Play:1 (if still available) or the upcoming One SL. Both of these do not have voice control built-in. If you need voice control, you could get a One and a One SL, or two Ones.
Strictly speaking, since surround speakers don't add Airplay to the home theater player, that isn't really a concern. But you're right, a lot of it comes down to if you want voice control or not.

I'd recommend the Sonos One or the Sonos One SL depending on the solution you're looking to make work. A pair of Play:5s would be a bit overkill. There are some interesting options with the Sonos Architectural speakers and an Amp though. That way you can build the speakers into the wall, if that doesn't seem daunting.
this case Sonos one will be the shout. Thanks .