Answered

Which Bluetooth version does the Sonos Move have

• 8 January 2022
  • 6 replies

I read on the internet that it is Bluetooth 4.2, but on the official website, it says that it is 5.0 ... which one is true? Has the Move had a hardware overhaul?

icon

Best answer by James L. 10 January 2022, 09:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Perhaps it’s a typo on the Sonos.com website? I’m fairly sure Bluetooth v4.2 was mentioned shortly after the Move was initially released. 

Not seen anything mentioned officially about any Bluetooth update, but then again, I guess these things are always ’Subject to change, without notice’.

Badge +17

Hi @eloiblt,

I can confirm the Sonos website is correct - Move is equipped with Bluetooth 5.0 :slight_smile:

Hi @James L. 

Is there any way to confirm that the sonos move is infact Bluetooth 5.0 as stated on their website?

Are you just getting your confirmation from their website?

I have spoken directly with customer support and tech support and they all say it is 4.2.

Everywhere online it states its 4.2, even in reviews with sonos themselves saying its 4.2. When connected to my note 10 plus there are no aptx or ldac codec options. It only supports AAC and SBS codecs which tends to indicate it is infact version 4.2..  I made the purchase based off what is stated on their offical website, but find it a little dissapointing it only supports AAC and SBS. 

Could it be possible this is a deliberate attempt to mislead potential customers?

Cheers...

Note that the statement next to @James L. ’s name says ‘Sonos Staff’. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Could it be possible this is a deliberate attempt to mislead potential customers?

That would not be very nice. And very stupid…..

When connected to my note 10 plus there are no aptx or ldac codec options. It only supports AAC and SBS codecs which tends to indicate it is infact version 4.2.. 

aptX and LDAC both work over Bluetooth 4.2, so their absence is no guide. As the specs say, the Move supports BT 5.0. The simple fact is that the Sonos portables only have SBC and AAC codecs.