Where to place Sonos One

• 22 June 2021
  • 7 replies

I have a large living room with 2 chimney breasts. 

I want to mount 2 Sonos Ones.

Should I put them on the chimney breasts (above TV and above radiator) or in the alcoves at the far ends?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you give room dimensions please.

The room is about 8m long and about 3.5m wide. Tried to upload a picture but it won’t let me so put it here

Mod edit: removed link and added image to post

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I don’t like clicking on links, so haven’t looked at the picture…  How far apart are the chimney breasts?

Badge +17

I don’t like clicking on links, so haven’t looked at the picture…  How far apart are the chimney breasts?

I’ve embedded the image and removed the link :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The chimney breasts are the correct width from the look of the picture but it would depend upon the position of the seating. Is the only seating for the TV?  Also, if there is a possibility of a sound bar for the TV in the near future?  If the answer to those two questions is no and yes respectively, then you may want to position with side of the seating opposite the TV. ( It might look slightly weird mounted on the wall under the TV...

Only seating is for the TV and I may get a sound bar at some point.

So better to place on wall opposite the TV

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

In my opinion, yes.