Question

When will the Gen1 Play:1 cease to have support?

• 22 January 2020
  • 6 replies

Given the EOL of the Play:5 I am wondering what the timeline is for the Play:1, this should honestly be publicly visible for all products somewhere to allow for system planning.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Nothing has been announced but Sonos promises a minimum of five years once they quit selling a device. Not sure when that was but it wasn’t too long ago.

Nothing has been announced but Sonos promises a minimum of five years once they quit selling a device. Not sure when that was but it wasn’t too long ago.

Play:1s were discontinued upon the announcement of the One SL in September 2019.

Thanks much. 5 years it is then :-P

Thanks much. 5 years it is then :-P

At the least.  Some of the legacy products that were listed haven’t been sold in over a decade.

Badge

I just want to use my play 5’s for the purpose I bought them. I really could care less for voice integration or airplay. 

that said true to form and bang on cue one has ceased to power up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Contact Sonos support, they can usually help with out of warranty failures, maybe get it put in the trade-up pool even if it is too dead to do it directly.