Answered

When Sonos introduces support for Google Assistant on Sonos One, will the existing hardware work with a software update or will new hardware be required?

• 14 March 2018
  • 5 replies

As above: I am planning to use a Sonos One as a google assistant. If I buy a sonos one now, will it work with Google when the Assistant support is rolled out? Or is it better to wait and buy a unit when support is already in place?
icon

Best answer by jgatie 14 March 2018, 16:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Sonos has stated that the current Sonos One will be compatible with Google Assistant. No need to wait.
Thanks. Is it easy to use Sonos one without Alexa? Don't want to get invested in another assistant, I'm already googled up!
Incidentally: I'm a sonos virgin. I was planning on buying a full size google home to listen to music on, but after auditioning it next to a Sonos there was really no comparison.
A Sonos One without using Alexa operates exactly like every other Sonos unit. You control it using the Sonos app for iOS, Android, PC or Mac. There is no need to enable Alexa at all.
Great, thanks