Question

What to do in the kitchen?

• 22 December 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
hoping to get some advice on a little dilemma I now have. Got a Play 5 in the kitchen that used to sit on top of the fridge freezer and fill the room with sound. We’ve just had a new kitchen fitted with all new appliances and the gap between the top of the cabinets and the ceiling is a mere 90mm! I’ve put the play 5 in the corner on the kitchen worktop but the sounds no where near as good as filling the room, I’ve retuned using Trueplay. My initial thoughts were to get another Amp and a couple of decent speakers to go on top of the cabinets, but with only the 90mm to play with, I’m really struggling!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Get a couple of Play1s and make them a stereo pair. You must have a couple of spots on counters to accommodate that. You could also wall mount the Play 1s.
Badge +1
Got plenty of space to accommodate 2 play 1’s on the worktops, I used to have that set up before I got the 5 in there, bit that still leaves them on the worktops and there’s no where to walk mount them, cupboards are everwhere
Will it fit on top of the cabinets? I had an outlet installed on top of mine (hate seeing wires) and it powers a Connect Amp and two speakers.
Badge +1
Will it fit on top of the cabinets? I had an outlet installed on top of mine (hate seeing wires) and it powers a Connect Amp and two speakers.
Ias said in the OP ive only got 90mm clearance at the top
Thanks. Completely missed that somehow.