Answered

What to chose in my new dining room - Play:5 or two Play:1's

Hi There - I need Your input: which kind/setup of speaker(s) can you recommend in my dining room (23 m2) ? I'm thinking of two possible ways: 1) to hang-up two pcs of play:1's in two of the upper corners OR 2) just one Play:5 in one of the corners. My need is just for music occasionally when dining and when having guest perhaps some louder music ( but not crazy party…) Looking forward to your advice 🙂
icon

Best answer by Nico R 8 May 2017, 02:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Hello cervera, welcome to the Community. Two PLAY:1s configured as a stereo pair and mounted into the corners will create a more immersive listening experience. I have both products, and while I love the PLAY:5, the sound from the stereo pair of PLAY:1s is able to cover a larger area of the room. You might wish to consider adding a BOOST to the configuration in order to ensure the signal between the router and the players is strong.
Both will work well, but the single 5 will work better in a central location if you can give it that - facing the dining table, for example.
Note that Sonos offers most value in a multi room requirement; if all you will ever need is music for just one room, there are better alternatives, including some good bluetooth speakers.
Hi, I had the same dilemma. I went for a 5, but have since switched to a pair of 1's and haven't regretted it for a moment. Being surrounded by the sound is so much better than the single speaker, and the quality of the 1's is excellent. I've got two in the kitchen and two in the living room and I love them.
Play3 in pair are killer!