Answered

What is the speaker sensitivity for a Play:5?

• 5 October 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

I already done my homework and learned that watts are not the most important when considering the quality of a speaker. I have been reading recently about Play:5 and I only found good reviews almost everywhere I looked, but I couldn't find any technical details about the speaker.

To be more precise, I am trying to find out what is the speaker sensitivity for a Play:5?

Maybe it's a dumb question, and if so, I apologise for that, but I feel like maybe other people have been searching for this as well and it could provide some guidance, if not finding the answer at least having a better technical understanding of the system.

Thank you for considering my request and I am looking forward to your answers.
icon

Best answer by Kumar 5 October 2019, 16:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

P.S. You will like it, and keep it.
I don't know what speaker sensitivity means. But I would suggest buying direct from Sonos. If you like the sound after a few weeks' listening, keep the speaker. If not, return it.
Sensitivity of the speaker and the watts of any amplifier are relevant only when they are being bought as separate units to be used together, to match them well. In the case of Sonos speakers that have both in the enclosure, these bits of data are no longer relevant. What is relevant is how the speakers sound and how loud they will go and the only reliable way to assess this is via the recommended listening tests.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I don't know what speaker sensitivity means. But I would suggest buying direct from Sonos. If you like the sound after a few weeks' listening, keep the speaker. If not, return it.

Sound pressure per watt.

https://www.lifewire.com/speaker-sensitivity-3134850