What are the supported Bluetooth protocols forthe Sonos Move speaker?

• 18 November 2020
  • 4 replies

I have been unable to find any answer to this question anywhere.  

So far not able to connect my Sony Walkman NW-A55 or audia-tecnica AT-LP120XBT-USB turntable to my Sonos Move speaker.  I was able to connect them to my Klipsch Groove speaker with no issue.  Can’t be a problem with my devices which is what I was told by Sonos Support.

I have the bluetooth on my phone and laptop turned off when I try.

Very frustrating since this is why I got the speaker to begin with.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @josiecat.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

Basically, the Sonos move is designed for a mobile controller.

I found a thread with the same concern about using the Bluetooth issue, what the other user did is using an adapter.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Crazy because I watched a video review of the Move and the reviewer connected the exact same turntable to his speaker in seconds.  I have no idea what an adapter is.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @josiecat.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

You can also try to contact the manufacturer of your walkman and turntable for further assistance with setting up the Bluetooth feature.

I’m not sure if you already tried to pair your Sonos move with your mobile phone just to test the Bluetooth capability of the Sonos move.

I hope this is the steps you followed on Pair Sonos Move with Bluetooth.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I have the same issue, trying to pair with the Sony NW-A55 on bluetooth. Can’t Sonos reach out to Sony to see why there aren’t compatible…. I can pair my NW-A55 to everything else - but not the Move….