Answered

What are people using for USB C charger for Sonos Move?

• 25 May 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi Gang!

I see this was a topic a year ago, but the recommendations for chargers are no longer available with Amazon.

My Sonos Move charge with the my USB-C chargers I have available, which are the MacBook Air charger and iPad Pro charger.  I’ve read that it needs to be at least 45W, etc., so looking for actual brands you use that work, as I can only find extensive lists of adapters that DON’T work:).

Please help!

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by James L. 26 May 2021, 09:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +17

Hi @Jdiggs76,

I usually charge my Move on the charging cradle, but the couple of times I’ve been travelling I’ve used a Macbook Pro charger (61W) and that works perfectly :slight_smile:

I can offer some advice on the specs that the USB-C charger must meet in order to charge Move if that’s any help:

• The power adapter must be "USB-C PD".
  • Recommended rating 45 watts or greater. The PD source must output either 20V/2.25A (or higher current) or 15V/3A (or higher current).
  • Some 36 Watt chargers may work however, charging speed is expected to be reduced if listening to audio at the same time.
  • 36 Watt chargers must output a minimum 12V/3A or 15V/2.4A. Anything less than these requirements will not power nor charge the Move.

Thanks Mark!  I did try my Macbook Air charger and it didn’t work (wonder if it’s different than the Pro charger), but based on your recommendations I did find that my work laptop charger worked on the Move, so think all good now.  Appreciate it!