Answered

Vibration from inside the beam

• 31 August 2018
  • 6 replies

On certain movie scenes and songs, there is a loud vibration sound from inside the beam. As you look at it, it’s just to the right of the middle. Is this a broken part to the speaker? It has never been moved since I first unwrapped it and put it out on the tv stand.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 1 September 2018, 17:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

That does seem to be unusual, I’d recommend that on Monday you call in to Sonos to discuss it. If it needs to be replaced, the phone folks will be able to make that happen much more efficiently.
Ok thank you
I am having the same exact issue. Must be a defect.
I got in contact with sonos and recorded a 60hz test tone which made the vibration inside stand out. I then sent the video to sonos for them to assess, my new one should arrive today under warranty.
That's good to know.
I had this exact issue: a bass-induced rattling in the Beam to the right hand side of centre (not from the speakers themselves but from the housing). I endured it for a while then returned it yesterday to the retailer, who replaced it (John Lewis). The new one does not rattle and I would say the sound is MUCH improved - I wonder if there was more wrong with my last one than just the rattle. My 'test tracks' were the opening and first city-flight of Blade Runner 2049 (4K).

I recommend seeking to replace the Beam if bass causes internals/housing to rattle or audibly vibrate.