using Sonos abroad

• 5 September 2018
  • 2 replies

im off to Ibiza & would like to use my Sonos 1. The villa im renting has wi-fi throughout so am i right in thinking that i only need a different plug & everything will work as normal? Im not particularly tech-savvy so any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You are correct. Best to take a network cable and wire Sonos 1 to a network point
If you want to run wirelessly, you would need to temporarily wire the speaker to the router in order to enter the wifi credentials of the local network. If that were not possible you could factory reset the speaker and do a new standard set up on the villa's wifi, but that loses all your playlists and settings, and so a bad idea if this is your only Sonos speaker.

A travel router can be very helpful for Sonos and travelling life generally. It is what I use to take my Sonos on the road.