Answered

Using Autoplay on S5 to create stand-alone speaker

• 11 January 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge
I've just set up autoplay on one of my S5s at home and it is happily playing music from my iPad which is connected using the line-in lead. I want to take it out of my home to a meeting and to play music from my iPad as part of a presentation. Will it work as a stand-alone speaker if I'm away from home and it is not connected via Wi-Fi to the Sonos controller app?
icon

Best answer by controlav 11 January 2019, 14:47

It should do, but you can test this before you go anywhere by turning off your wifi router at home, then power cycle the S5 and verify it auto plays.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
It should do, but you can test this before you go anywhere by turning off your wifi router at home, then power cycle the S5 and verify it auto plays.
Badge
Why didn't I think of that? I was planning on having to visit someone to test it. I'll find a moment when I can switch off the router and test it as you suggest. The main thing is you think it will work which in itself suggests it wasn't just wishful thinking on my part. Thanks, I'll post an update later.
Badge
Sorry for delay providing update. It did work when I switched off the router, so many thanks.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings