Answered

Use speakers in different environments

• 2 December 2019
  • 3 replies

I use my 2 play:3 and the sub for streaming music. I just added a beam in the same room but just for watching TV. 

Question: Would it be possible to also include the 2 play:3 to the Beam as a surround setup BUT also remain the configuration to only have the play:3 to stream music WITHOUT the Beam in use?

In other words - can I configure SONOS for both setups? Of course only one setup would be in use.

Feedback is highly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 2 December 2019, 12:26

The answer here is ‘no’, as once the Play 3’s and sub are 'bonded, to the Beam as surrounds, they become one single Sonos Room for TV and Music audio. So all devices will output your music. I recommend you switch the surround music audio from 'ambient' to 'full’ in the Beam’s Room Settings if you do decide to go down the bonded Home Theatre route.👍

View original

3 replies

The answer here is ‘no’, as once the Play 3’s and sub are 'bonded, to the Beam as surrounds, they become one single Sonos Room for TV and Music audio. So all devices will output your music. I recommend you switch the surround music audio from 'ambient' to 'full’ in the Beam’s Room Settings if you do decide to go down the bonded Home Theatre route.👍

Thanks! Appreciate your response. Guess I have to invest in two Sonos 1 to achieve what I was aiming at…...

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Or a pair of 5s for music and bond the Beam, Sub and 3s together.

For surround use don’t ignore the new SLs they are a good deal.