Use all Sonos speakers

• 29 January 2018
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I have a Sonos 5.1 surrond sound setup with:
1x Playbar
1x Sub
2x Sonos One

The surround sound is great when I am playing Dolby Digital 5.1 content. However when I am not playing 5.1 content, only the Playbar will have sound.

Is there a way for the system to utilise the Sonos Ones as well as the Playbar to play stereo content when it detects the content is not 5.1?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

If I were to guess, you may need to play with the advanced audio settings in the app for the room that has the PLAYBAR.

Go to Settings>Room Settings>[Room with PLAYBAR]>Advanced Audio>Surround Settings where you can play with different settings fro the surrounds.
Just tried to adjust Surround Settings, but unfortunately that did not work
Did you change the "Music Playback" from "Ambient" to "Full"?
Thank you for the quick response. Yeah I did change it to full, but the rear speakers are still silent
Then there's some other issue going on. Could be wifi interference as a guess. I'd suggest that you call Sonos to discuss the issue. They may need to set up a remote session to determine what's going on.
It turns out the rear speakers were playing sound, but it was at a very low volume. I increased the volume level in the surrounds settings and its perfect.