Question

upgrade play 5: power and flexson wall bracket.

• 19 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I am considering upgrading my original Play 5 to the new version.  Two questions: 1. Does the new play 5 have the same power plug as the original (my plug is plumbed into the wall so don’t want to have to change it); 2. Will the new play 5 still fit on the Flexon wall bracket I currently have.  I’ve also hear the new play 5 is 5 lbs heavier so want to make sure the bracket will take the extra weight.   Any information would be helpful. Thanks, Gary

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

​​​@GAT2.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand your situation, let me help you out with that.

1. Does the new play 5 have the same power plug as the original (my plug is plumbed into the wall so don’t want to have to change it) No. they ahve different power plug that plugs in at the back of the Play 5 gen 1 and the PLay 5 gen 2. However the Play 5 gen 2 and the new Sonos Five have the same power plug that plugs in at the back of the PLay 5 gen 2 and the Sonos Five.

2. Will the new play 5 still fit on the Flexon wall bracket I currently have.  I’ve also hear the new play 5 is 5 lbs heavier so want to make sure the bracket will take the extra weight. The Play 5 gen 1 have a different dimention than the Sonos Play 5 gen 2. They have different size and shape. However, the Sonos Play 5 gen 2 and the new Sonos Five have the same dimention, size and shape. Therefore, if you are using the Sonos Play 5 gen 2 and is mounted, you can use the same mount for the Sonos Five but not the Sonos Play 5 gen 1.

I hope this answers your questions and gave some clarifications.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,