Answered

updated wifi

• 21 June 2020
  • 5 replies

I have changed my router.  I follow the App instructions to press the button on side of Playbase (infinity sign) and the light flashes orange and then constant orange.  I can see from iPhone that Sonos has created a temporary WiFi which I can connect to BUT the App doesn’t move and therefore there is no way to communicate with the Playbase.

The App simply has an icon to select saying “don’t see this button”

icon

Best answer by Paul A 24 June 2020, 20:03

HI @Gwill1,

Thanks for the immediate response.

I would like to recommend to try the following steps accordingly. (assuming PLaybase has solid white light)

1. Connect Playbase to router via ethernet cable.
  2. Once ethernet cable is connected to both Playbase and router, connect Playbase to power.
  3. Wait for the Playbase to go solid white, Once solid white open Sonos app
  4. On the Sonos app, choose connect to existing system.
  5. once connected follow this guide to update wireless settings on the Sonos app.

If the Playbase is flashing green, that means the Playbase was factory reset and is ready to be set up.

Follow this guide on how to set up a new Sonos system.  Choose sign in since you already have a Sonos account.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @Gwill,

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out. We appreciate the extra mile of troubleshooting through the prompts on the Sonos App.

based on the description of the Sonos app display on your controller, it seems that the Sonos app was reset.

Let me share with you how to get your Sonos running on your new wireless network.

Here is the link on how to connect your Sonos to the new router (wireless network).

Please let me know how it goes and we’ll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,

Thanks Paul

I followed the link:

updated iOS App.  When I open the App I have three choices 

set up new system

join existing 

learn more (takes my to marketing)

When I select “join existing” it returns “existing system not found” and has a continue button at the bottom of screen.

when I press the continue button … I get the instruction to press the button in the side of the Playbase as per my original message - here u get stuck as the App does not move forward.

any help would be app

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

HI @Gwill1,

Thanks for the immediate response.

I would like to recommend to try the following steps accordingly. (assuming PLaybase has solid white light)

1. Connect Playbase to router via ethernet cable.
  2. Once ethernet cable is connected to both Playbase and router, connect Playbase to power.
  3. Wait for the Playbase to go solid white, Once solid white open Sonos app
  4. On the Sonos app, choose connect to existing system.
  5. once connected follow this guide to update wireless settings on the Sonos app.

If the Playbase is flashing green, that means the Playbase was factory reset and is ready to be set up.

Follow this guide on how to set up a new Sonos system.  Choose sign in since you already have a Sonos account.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

That worked - it seems like the Playbase needed a software upgrade and the Ethernet cable enable it.

thank YOU v much

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @Gwill1,

Thanks for the immediate response and the feedback.

I’m happy it all worked out.

If you have any other concerns, please do not hesitate to share it here in the community.

Thanks,