unstable app

• 26 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Been using sonos products for around ten years. Recently I’m absolutely sick to the back teeth of how unstable the app is for connecting devices. Particularly the move. Had it 2 years, not changed my internet provider or moved my modem. Sick of needing to find the move on the network. No logic to it. Just a bad service. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Not really enough information here to provide intelligent assistance, but as a guess, you have local network issues.  As a first step, I’d try a network refresh by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, including powering down the Move,  then rebooting your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices.

However, that is a generic fix…have you tried engaging with Sonos support directly, via a phone call?

I certainly have not been experiencing any issues with the Sonos app and stability, over the last 10 years. 

The app is a remote control. It is no more unstable than your TV remote. The behaviour you describe is ALWAYS due to local network issues not an 'unstable app'.

If you follow Bruce's advice you should be able to resolve the issue.