Answered

Unable to do a Trueplay tune - network problem error message

Badge

I am getting a “network problem” error message when I try to do a Trueplay tune on any of the Sonos devices on my system.  I’ve submitted a diagnostic - the number is: 961276926

Here is the error messge:

Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 11 April 2020, 21:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @msboon1967 

The problem is your network as the message says. Some steps you can take:

1. Unplug all Sonos
  2. Unplug all wifi and wired clients
  3. Unplug any range extenders or acces points (if being used)
  4. Check your routers admin page for updates and install if available
  5. Reboot your router and let it come back
  6. Power Cycle your iOS or Android device and connect to wi-fi
  7. Make sure your device is up to date
  8. Make sure the Sonos app is up to date
  9. Plug in your Sonos 1x1 and let each come back B4 moving to the next (if using a speaker or Boost for wired mode plug it in first)
  10. Plug in other wi-fi and wired components 1x1 and let each come back B4 moving to the next
  11. Plug in range extedner or access point and make sure they have same SSID and Passphrase of main router. Disable DHCP for those devices.
  12. Test your Sonos for normal use
  13. Run TruPlay 

Let us know the outcome. Note: If you perform any of the above you must submit another diagnostic if the problem is not resolved.

Cheers!

Badge

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I’ve carried out the above sequence but still get the same error.  I’ve also done a factory reset on the Sonos One where I first noticed the problem but still get the error message.

The new diagnostic code is 305338324.

Should I be reporting this separately to Sonos support?

I have same issue. Spent an hour doing above. No help. Network in house is fine. Sonos is able to stream from any source. Everything works except Trueplay. 

Badge

Yes my system works absolutely fine otherwise, but not able to do Trueplay tune on any of my devices.

I have a support request in also, I will post if there is any resolution. 

Badge

I’ve also just submitted a support request.

Badge +1

Same issue. Brand new SL fresh out of the box. 

Diagnostic confirm: 1521603577

Given it is Friday night, and the phone support folks are probably off for the weekend, I’d certainly recommend that you reach out via Twitter, or wait till tomorrow for a moderator has time to look at your diagnostic. 

Userlevel 7

Hello

@Fitnessmentor @msboon1967 @bgraham5 

I just ran TruePlay on one of my HT setups (Playbar, Sub and One’s x 2) with no problem. Might I suggest you go to: Settings > Sonos > Location and set it to While Using App then in same area make sure Microphone is set to On.

Badge

Support suggested I use a different device to do the Trueplay tune so I tried using my iphone and it worked.  Obviously I’d still like to know why it doesn’t work on my iPad but so far Sonos support haven’t come up with an answer to that.

Badge

I’ve now also been told by support that there is an issue with the 2020 iPad Pros. I was using one of those.  Hopefully there will be a fix at some point.

There’s always been a few month delay between Apple releasing a new product and the Sonos software to be able to do TruePlay with that new product. Have patience. 

I’m having the same issue. Trueplay reports that I have no network connection BUT I am using the Sonos 1SL to play music from Spotify. The issue started when I tried to do the setup. It kept failing but finally did connect with no indication of success. I’m using an iPhone SE (the new one that just came out) for the app.

I’d show a diagnostic code but there is no advanced setting in the menu - so I can’t.

Thanks

I don’t think the new Apple devices are yet capable of doing TruePlay, it usually takes Sonos several months after Apple’s release to update their software.

But more troubling is your claim that Settings > Help & Tips > Submit System Diagnostics doesn’t exist. This is most frequently due to a mismatch between the controller version running on the iPhone, and the version of the software running on your speakers. You may want to go to Settings > System >  System updates and make sure you update both sides of the equation. 

I had googled how to run diagnostics and it always pointed to Settings>advanced settings. Which isn’t available- I did find it by going to Help & tips - thanks

It changed location in 11, as I recall.