Question

Unable to connect to Spotify

• 26 May 2017
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
I'm suddenly unable to connect to Spotify through Sonos. I've removed the service and re-added it, and also changed the wireless channel, but it still won't connect. I'm able to connect to Pandora and Slacker no problem. Diagnostic number is: 7433638

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hey eroell,

Thanks for submitting that diagnostic. The first thing that I would recommend doing is removing the wireless credentials since you are in a BOOST Setup. Removing the wireless credentials will help improve your overall Sonos connection. To do this on an iOS device, please go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Wireless Setup > Reset

In addition, I have flagged your account for an update. This update should allow you to connect to Spotify again. To do this on an iOS device, please go to Settings > Online Updates

Let me know if this helps.
Userlevel 2
Thanks for your help! I did what you recommended, and even deleted and reinstalled Spotify, but it still won't let me connect. I choose a station and it just runs through the list of songs without playing anything. Help?
eroell, you may want to submit a system diagnostic immediately after running through a playlist, and post the number here. That will give Omar and his crew a chance to get a little more insight into what might be going on with your specific system.
Userlevel 2
Thanks Bruce!
Userlevel 2
New diagnostic report: 7471818. I'd appreciate Sonos helping me resolve this, it's been two weeks. Thanks!
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi eroell,

Thanks for the additional diagnostics.

After reviewing the diagnostic, it seems that there were a few "unsupported account" errors. Please make sure that you are logging in with a Spotify Premium account.

In addition, it looks like Sonos is having a hard time receiving the Spotify stream of data. I would first recommend rebooting the router if you have not done so. In addition, the CONNECT that is wired to the router seems to be affected by some wireless interference.

Please try to make sure that CONNECT has at least 3 feet of space between itself and the router.

Could you let me know what is within 6-8 feet of the CONNECT and router?