Question

Unable to browse music - there was a problem connecting to Spotify

• 28 March 2017
  • 1 reply

the controller app on my mac stopped being able to access Spotify, the iphone app still works fine though and I can play spotify-music just fine on my SONOS system. When it's playing, the mac app shows the right song playing and can control the speakers but I can't bring up "info" on the track or do a search.

so: iphone app works perfectly, spotify is working fine, the sonos speakers are fine, the mac app connects to the speakers fine -- but not to the spotify service. My comcast/xfinity connection has been pretty flaky lately but this behavior happens even when everything is stable.

I've tried restarting my network devices, tried my other wi-fi network, i've reinstalled the osx sonos app, removed and reinstalled the spotify service too.

help?

diagnostics : 7234032

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello, Vincent. Welcome to the community and thanks for submitting this query. There are not any issues of communication on your system that we could easily identify. Can you try removing and re-adding Spotify as a service? We've also improved communication with Spotify in an update we rolled out very recently. Let us know how it's going? Thanks.