unable to add sonos one sl to app

• 5 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi,

Trying to get help with adding Sonos one to the app. 
I have already added arc + sub + Sonos on Sl- but I’m trying to add my second one Sl and keep giving me the message “your Sonos one Sl has been added, but may not appear on the system tab, if so unplug the power cord and plug it back in to finish setup from the system tab” I’ve disconnected and reconnected, reset it at least 5 times, even tried to connect using a hard wire to the router (even though the actual router is only 15 cm) just in case it helps - but for what ever reason it doesn’t appear on the Sonos app (with the hope of getting the surround sound sorted). I submitted diagnostic (no 1745441989). 

now, just as I was writing this it did recognise this eventually but now now when I go to set up the surround sound the error message “there was an problem adding your surrounds. Cheack your network connection and make sure your products are powered on” which I can confirm they are all working individually on the network. Again tried on several occasions and still getting same error (diagnostics 900775236 submitted. Help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Cerentivu 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

This can happen when the network isn’t allowing the speakers to effectively communicate with one another. I suspect this is due to a Sky Q box acting as a WiFi booster but not doing so very well. Please switch the Sky Q box off at the wall until your Sonos system is fully configured. You’ll need to give your Sonos system a moment to reconnect after doing this.

If this doesn’t help, please also give your router a reboot by switching it off for 30 seconds. 

In addition, 15cm is much too close. Please always keep your router 1m away from any device that’s trying to connect to it via WiFi, including all Sonos devices.

In time, this may occur again - probably when either the router or Sonos is rebooted while the Sky Q box is on. Rebooting the Sky Q box will resolve this until the next time. If this becomes a problem, I’d recommend permanently wiring the Arc to the router with an ethernet cable. This will allow your whole system to ignore the Sky WiFi and use it’s own.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Cerentivu 

It looks like you’re still having trouble with your system. From what I can see, you’ll need to follow these steps:

1. Remove the one Sonos One that is bonded to your Arc. Settings » System » TV Room 3 » Remove Surrounds. If the app asks, a temporary, separate room is fine.
  2. Turn off any Sky Q boxes (switch off at wall or unplug, not standby on the remote).
  3. To give things the best chance of working this time, turn off your Sky router and Sonos devices for 30 seconds and switch the router back on. Wait 5 minutes or so for WiFi to return, then switch on (or plug in) Sonos. Don’t turn on Sky Q yet.
  4. Once you have solid white lights on all your devices, open the Sonos app.
  5. Select Settings » System » TV Room 3 » Setup Surrounds and go through the process. If the app offers to do it before you go through the menu, that’s fine.
  6. If all is well, turn on your Sky Q box(es) and go back to Settings » System » TV Room 3 and tap on TV Room 3 again, then remove the 3 (and the [space] to appease my OCD) from the room name.

If the process fails again, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to help you get this fixed in as little time as possible.