Unable to add music from Spotify to queue

• 1 January 2015
  • 17 replies

Spotify no longer working. Getting error 'unable to tracks to the queue'. Even local files stored on my iphone, nothing works. Cleared queue.Tried deleting account from Macbook and re-adding. please help. system useless without this ability. Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

It is working for me. I cleared my queue. Added a track from Spotify. Only choice was to add to the or replace Queue. I also added a track from Deezer. Then I saved Queue to new playlist. Then I opened that playlist and added it to my existing playlist. Tracks are now in existing playlist.
Hi Susan, thanks for our input. Still not working for me. My queue is empty. I cant play anything at all from Spotify, TuneIn radio.. any external service. iI was fine one day, gone the next. I've been using it without issue for a year now. Its very annoying 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Martyn,
It sounds like there may be some interference or network congestion preventing the Sonos system from adding tracks to the queue and playing. Please send us a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number: Submit diagnostics.
Hi Jeff, I cant even send a diagnostic to you. I have tried many, many times and on each attempt it times out and tells me I cant send it at this time. I feel powerless. what next??
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Martyn,

If your Sonos system can't send a diagnostic and can't connect to Spotify, the issue is likely that your Sonos system is not able to get past your router. Usually this is due to a firewall or other security setting. To find the issue and fix it, we will need to continue with some advanced troubleshooting over the phone. We've created a support ticket for you: 150115-002075. Please reach out to our phone team and reference your ticket number, they'll work with you to fix your system. How to contact us.
Good evening Jeff, thanks for that. I'll get in touch over the coming days. cheers! Martyn
Badge
Hi, was this ever resolved? I have the same issue at the moment.

Thanks
Remy
Me too-unable to play any music from Google play music using Sonos app. The Google app works fine. How can Google's streaming app work better with my players than the Sonos app?
Me too-unable to play any music from Google play music using Sonos app. The Google app works fine. How can Google's streaming app work better with my players than the Sonos app?

This is true for me also with Google Play - playlists working fine from within the Sonos app (Andoid phone, Desktop app), and individual songs and playlists cast directly from the Google Play app, but I cannot work with the queue for individual songs from within the Sonos apps (Android or Desktop). Otherwise this has worked out of the box for the past two months.
Same for me. Spotify works fine for years, but today I started trying Google Play but it continuously gives "unable to add track to the queue"
I just tried clearing my Q and now seems to be working. So far so good
I'm having the same problem
I have power cycled the router and both speakers (Sonos 1) but problem persists. I find it strange that songs can play from multiple sources through either Sonos unit, streaming or otherwise, except queue cannot be changed for Google Play tracks. Much prefer working with the app, especially when having a large group over, so looking forward to response.

Preemptively sending diagnostic number before heading to work:

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
There was an issue with Google Play Music which we've been working to resolve. At this time it should be all set, but please let us know if you have any further trouble with adding tracks to your queue from the service (other playback and services weren't affected by this outage).
There was an issue with Google Play Music which we've been working to resolve. At this time it should be all set, but please let us know if you have any further trouble with adding tracks to your queue from the service (other playback and services weren't affected by this outage).

Yes, just tested and can confirm it is working! Thank you.
I can suddenly not add a whole album to the queue. However, I can add one song at a time. I have cleared the queue, reinstalled the Sonos, and even updated the Music Library - all to no avail. I continue to receive the error "Unable to add songs to the queue." Any idea anyone how to fix this?
Hello, i seem to be having the same problem, snd have tried the solutions here and still no result. The queue is cleared on all devices, tried deleting sonos from devices and re-adding but persistently get the ‘unable to add songs to the queue’ message. Frustrating.