Answered

Turntables and mixer connect to Connect Amp but grouped speakers cutting out

• 28 April 2018
  • 7 replies

I have bought a Connect Amp and connected it to a Pioneer DJM mixer (and two turntables) by RCA phono cables, and then grouped it in the same room with 2x Play1s, a Playbar and Sub but the sounds keeps cutting in and out. I've also then added the Kitchen Play 1 into the group and that cuts out too. I've checked the output of the mixer through the headphones and that seems fine. Any thoughts on what I can check?
icon

Best answer by rsaysell 5 May 2018, 15:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks again. I think we are sorted!
I’ve upgraded the router and service, and changed the Sonos net channel too. We seem to be stable

That's great to hear. If any issues return, please send along a new diagnostic report.
Thanks again. I think we are sorted!
I’ve upgraded the router and service, and changed the Sonos net channel too. We seem to be stable
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks for getting back to me. Diagnostic confirmation number is: 1365730902
Cheers

Thanks for sending your diagnostic report. It looks like there's some wireless interference which could explain the cut outs. Please try changing the wireless channel on your Sonos system. If that doesn't help, send along a new diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.
Thanks for getting back to me. Diagnostic confirmation number is: 1365730902
Cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, rsaysell. Thanks for the updates. Your wireless connectivity could certainly cause a problem with audio dropouts. Would you mind starting us off with submitting a diagnostic report and replying with the confirmation number it gives at the end? This will help me get a closer look at what is happening on the network. Thanks!
I spoke too soon, the problem is back this morning. Could the stability/strength of my WiFi signal affect it?
Think I've sorted it now. I changed the Line-In level for the Connect: Amp from Level 2 A/V to Level 10 High. I've been playing tunes for an hour or so - and hooked up an additional pair of analogue speakers, and there have been no drop outs. Fingers crossed it'll stay that way!