Turntable line-in to Connect dropping out

• 13 July 2018
  • 5 replies

Have a similar problem that has been reported - turntable through line-in to Connect is suffering constant drops out.

I've tried all the suggested fixes (change the line-in setting to AirPlay device; Level set to 4; check on room interference etc, etc.) Need some help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Hamish H. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. When line-in audio is pumped through Sonos, the audio does not get downsampled and requires a clear wireless environment. Let's take a quick look at a diagnostic report if you do not mind submitting one. Be sure to reply here with the confirmation number it gives at the end.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Keith - thanks for the reply.

Diagnostic sent - Confirmation Number: 1288953225
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
No problem! I noticed the Connect you have set up for Line-In is set to be wireless on the network. Is it at all possible to plug this unit into the network using an Ethernet cable? From personal experience I learned, by establishing a solid connection from the source (turntable) to Sonos, we can eliminate a significant amount of undue wireless interference. Additionally, it will change how Sonos passes data from player-to-player.
Hi Keith - let me give that a go. I'll report back.

H
No improvement, unfortunately. I have plugged the Connect directly into the router, but still having the drop-out issue.

I have just sent the diagnostic info again - ref no. 98235896

Hamish