Question

Turntable - Connect - Cutting out

• 4 December 2018
  • 1 reply

I have plugged my Essential phono turntable to my Sonos Connect which is broadcasting to my Playbar and two Play 3.
Unfortunately I am experiencing serious cut out which render the experience quite irksome.
I have tried changing channel of my router but to no avail. The only "fix" consist in compressing the audio but with the needle chatter and the sound coming out from the speakers out of sync this is not an option. My diagnostic report is referenced 2003800383.

Any help appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have plugged my Essential phono turntable to my Sonos Connect which is broadcasting to my Playbar and two Play 3.
Unfortunately I am experiencing serious cut out which render the experience quite irksome.
I have tried changing channel of my router but to no avail. The only "fix" consist in compressing the audio but with the needle chatter and the sound coming out from the speakers out of sync this is not an option. My diagnostic report is referenced 2003800383.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. There are quite a few connection issues between your speakers and wireless network. This may be due to it being on a crowded wireless channel. If may help if you change your wireless network's channel on all access points to 1. This is a much less crowded channel and should help with the cut outs.

Also, line-in connections can often use a lot of bandwidth. If changing the wireless channel doesn't help, try setting the compression level to compressed in the Sonos settings menu under advanced settings.